Thursday 27 April 2017

Pretty Peonies...

 

Hi Lovely Blogging Friends...

It's time for another challenge at In The Pink - and this time our theme is 

BIRTHDAY

I bought this Mama Elephant Pretty Peonies stamp set recently, so decided to use that for my card - peonies are one of my favourite flowers.  I stamped on Bristol Smooth card with Versamark, then embossed with white embossing powder.  I then coloured with my (little used) Zig Clean Colour Markers.  I was reasonably happy with how it turned out...  but need to do more practice with these pens I think.  Also, I used some Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drops on the peonies to look like dew drops - but unfortunately, they affected the colour of the pink underneath them.  Eeeek!  Ah well... the best laid plans of mice and men....  



Card Info:
Image - Mama Elephant Pretty Peonies
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Die - MFT Scalloped Frames
Colouring - 
Zig Clean Colour Markers in various pinks and greens
Sequins


As my photos above look more blue-ish than the colours do in real life, I decided to try for a different photograph on a different day...  and this is what happened.  It was sunny when I took the photo below, and it was a cool day with no sun on the photos above.  Just shows you how the weather can make a difference to the lighting on your photo, doesn't it?


*****

You could win a fabulous £10 voucher from our very generous sponsor - Digi Stamp Boutique if you're chosen at random from our Perfect Pinkies...  so what're you waiting for??  Get out your PINK pens!! 

Big hugs

10 comments:

  1. Wow! you peonies are stunning, nice work with the water colour brushes,
    Have a lovely day
    Hugs Bridget :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Christine! I love everything from the stamping, the wonderful colouring, the careful framing to the perfect placement of your sequins xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, pretty, stunning....I LOVE IT!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful florals Christine. Really pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is a very different type of image that we are used to seeing from you Christine and what a lovely image too, perfect colouring, love this card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how stunning and effective do those flowers look! Amazing job lovely lady!! Gorgeous!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Christine! Such a pretty card! You really made those peonies look AMAZING! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card and I love the pink peonies! Gorgeous colouring and design too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo very pretty Christine, I just love those beautiful flowers ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your coloring and offset design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x