Tuesday 9 May 2017

Pretty Peonies - Take 2

 

Hi there....

I've been doing a little bit of playing again....  I spotted a card by the lovely Laura Fadora recently, and was inspired to try the technique she used which is emboss resist.

I stamped the images with Versamark - then used clear embossing powder to heat emboss.  Then I coloured the images using Distress Ink Pads applied with a sponge.  It's really easy, as you don't have to worry about staying in the lines, as after the colour is applied, the images are fussy cut - and in actual fact, if a tiny border outside the embossed shape is there - it actually looks good!  I used a similar layout to Laura (with some differences) as I was so impressed with her card - thanks Laura!

I used a Tim Holtz stencil sponged through with pale pink on my white card before adding the flowers with 3D foam pads.. then I tried a splatter - which everyone I see makes look so easy.......  well, I haven't mastered it yet, and unfortunately got splatters where I didn't WANT splatters!  Please ignore those!


Card Info
Image - Mama Elephant Pretty Peonies
Colouring - Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Die - MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle
Sentiment - done on PC
Sequins

I have a busy week this week, dashing here and there - but looking forward to a lovely day on Thursday with old friends.

Big hugs

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I love those pinks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty, gorgeous colours, gorgeous flowers, fab background.....LOVE it.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Christine! I just love this card style and peonies are one of my favourite flowers - not mastered the splatter technique either...some people make it look effortless and I end up with a splodge on a card! And of course, I love the fact that it's PINK! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Christine! I also saw Laura's card and I've been wanting to give it a try. You've just encouraged me try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUBLIME ta carte et ta colorisation est parfaite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning and the background adds so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stylish!!! Loving it xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x