Monday 16 November 2015

Yes..... another Christmas Card...

 

Hi Lovely Bloggers.....

I'm back today with a quick post to show my DT card for Little Miss Muffet Stamps...  meet Star Chester (named for obvious reasons!!)  I fancied doing another bit of traditional colouring - and I was happy with how it turned out - so I think Mr Mojo may be showing his face a little bit again....



Materials:
Die - MFT In and Out Diagonal Stitched Square (altered to be a rectangle!)
Paper - PolkaDoodles
Sentiment - Pebbles Inc Rub-on
Colouring - Copics
Reds R24/27/46/39, E47
Greens YG25/63, G99
Chester E42/43/33/23/13, R20
Shading - W1/3/5
Gem, Sequins and Ribbon from stash

The challenge at LMMS is Anything Goes - hope you'll pop over and join in the fun.  There's also fabulous Weekly Giveaways too...

http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/p/weekly-promo.html

Now... I mentioned that I altered the die - all I do is run it partially through my cuttlebug to cut half way around the image- then rewind and remove the die - placing it again around the image but from the other end...  you can feel when it 'sit's' in place with the cuts already there - and then run it again only halfway through the cuttlbug and back.  Hey presto - you can turn a square die into a rectangle...  it works with dies that have a very regular pattern like this one and the stitched ones.

I didn't sleep well last night so was up early this morning - and I watched the sun come up while finishing this card...  it was beautiful to watch - and I'm happy to say it's still shining here!  

Big hugs

12 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! This is so lovely! You have a magical touch... I really love all your cards!
    Hugs and Smiles :-)
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. la france est en deuil et n'a pas fini de l'être, l'état islamique nous hait et nous fera encore payer... ta carte est adorable, elle fait du bien à regarder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper on this one Christine and the sweet image beautifully coloured, lovely!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip about the die. I've actually wondered if that was possible but didn't try as I was afraid it would mark the bit you don't want it to mark. I love the little monkey. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so sweet and I love the paper and cas design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous image and gorgeous creation, love the papers, don't know where you have got them from but I have found that this year, like last year too, the Christmas papers have been dreadful and sparse.
    As always brilliant colouring.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Christine, what a shame, I have an IMac and it doesn't have a CD drive built in and I have bought an external one as I really do not use it enough. Thanks for the info though
    Kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable Christine! You always have a way of bringing all the images you color to life, giving them all a personality! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And what a delightful one it is too Christine, coloured so beautifully as always. It's that time of year when Christmas cards abound :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew I was right when I said all along how clever you are! Not only are you fabulous at colouring and card design - I now find out you are an engineer who can do altered died cutting! I am totally in awe - I would never dare try!

    I love everything about this gorgeous traditional Christmas card - and of course Mojo was in the room all the time...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous and Christmassy; the traditional colours are really lovely to work with and oh my goodness, Chester is an absolute cutie!
    Your trick with the die altering is really clever...I am now sitting here wondering what dies I have in my collection that I could try this with!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card. That little monkey is so cute! I wish we had more sun over here. It has been raining so much the past week. :(

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x