Thursday 14 May 2015

A stitch in time.......

 

Hi Peeps

Sorry I've been quiet for a little while...  I had a craft fair last weekend - so was pretty busy...  even though the fair was disappointing!  It was only in a small village hall - with very little footfall...  most people it seemed came for the tea and cake rather than looking at the stalls!  Ah well, I ended up in profit and had a lovely few hours.... AND some cake too!

Time for another challenge at In The Pink - and I'm here with my DT card - using one of my favourite images at the moment.... it's the beautiful Flower Maiden from A Day For Daisies....  and a deep dusky pink...

And as our theme this time is

STITCHING - REAL OR FAUX

... I had to dig out my sewing machine and give it a go!  I think my lower tension needs some adjustment - but as I've only used my machine for curtains for the last 15 years or so...  I don't really know how to do it!  Ah well...  it managed what I needed so I was happy...


Materials:
Paper - 
Diamante and Pearl Trim - JJD Creations
Colouring - Copics
Skin - E000/00/21/11 R20
Hair E21/34/23
Pinks RV91/93/95
Shading B0000/000
Grounding T0/1
Glitter


Hope you like what I did with her and that you'll join in the stitching fun at In The Pink - don't forget, you don't need to actually stitch - it can be any type of faux stitching too... including dies!


Our sponsors at In the Pink this time are very generous Ribbon Girl - you could win a £10 gift voucher if your card is chosen!


So... what's stopping you???

Big hugs to all and Happy Crafting...

26 comments:

  1. Oh what an adorable, gorgeous card, love the stitching.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hun, love the elegant image and that subtle dusky pink, so perfect. Pretty stitching too - mine will be faux I'm afraid as I don't own a sewing machine. (Not sure that wanting one for crafting will cut it with the hubster). Beautiful work hun. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so elegant and pretty. Love it!
    And if it makes you feel any better, you know more about using a sewing machine than I do. All I know is that when I press the pedal, the needle *should* go up and down. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is soon beautiful Christine - love the dusky pink and your gorgeous LO.
    Have a fab day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous the image is a delight and great stitching as well perfect love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Christine, this is an absolutely beautiful card. The image is dreamy with your expert colouring and those to die for dots of glitter...I love it...great card layout and lovely stitching as well... You are a clever and lovely lady...️xxx
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo pretty Christine. l love the stamp you've used, it's so elegant. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. elle est ravissante ta carte, quel goût, c'est très harmonieux et très féminin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christine, I especially like the sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and image too Christine (can you believe I was looking at that very one today!!!)...I bought a few others though, appearing soon. Your colouring is fabulous as always of course.....peering closely as we speak lol ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops mean't to add, shame about the craft fair, at least you made a small profit though, well done ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is beautiful Christine and love how you have coloured her. The paper down the side is gorgeous and even more so with the pearl and diamante trim and stitching.
    Craft fairs are such hard work aren't they and so disappointing when they are not busy - good you ended up with a profit though.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should definitely dust off that sewing machine more often...the stitched border looks fab :-)
    It's a really elegant design...well, she is clearly a very elegant lady so it suits her perfectly! And I LOVE her dress with the sparkly dots at the bottom :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is fantastic - love her colouring in. Tried to machine before - utter nightmare...fake is the way to go...looks like you have mastered it though
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely image, great stitching and pretty colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Christine, love the image and dusky pink and your stitching looks fabulous!
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous as always Christine, what an elegant little lady, beautifully coloured. Love your stitching too :o)
    BooHoo, Viv will be on her way to Wales later today!!!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Christine! Your coloring always amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So elegant Christine, such a lovely design, the stitching looks great, well worth digging out your machine for, lovely work!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! I need that image. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. P.S. I think I busted my lower tension doing yoga this morning x

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's beautiful Christine, I love the layout and the blingy trim, and real stitching too, it would definitely have been faux if I had done it LOL! Eric and I are off to Wales for a few days as Meg is in respite, but will be in touch when I get back about the rubber stamps I was going to send you, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is so beautiful .Love the image, and you take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just gorgeous Christine - love the CAS look and the stitching is just fab as is your colouring!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x