Monday 27 April 2015

Tent time....


Hi Peeps...

A quickie from me this morning on a little card I made yesterday...  After seeing my lovely blogging friend Kat's fabulous tent card a little while back - I decided it was time for me to give it a go.  I didn't realise how easy it was!  
 

The image is one off the Little Fairies sheet from LOTV - so many on that sheet to choose from - and it took very little colouring.  Then the rest has to be self-explanatory....  you can see from the pics how it looks from all angles!  If you want me to, I'll do a quick video tutorial - just let me know.


The tent style really solves the 'flop' of cards that fold at the top (know what I mean?) - but obviously the message from the sender has to be written on the back.  I left this one 'sentiment-less' (like most of my cards!) so it can be used for any occasion.


Materials:
Image - LOTV Little Fairies
Paper - Nitwits Digi
Dies: Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle
Flower and Leaf Punches
Colouring - Copics
Pinks: RV91, R81/83
Shading N0/1/Blender Pen
Skin and Hair as usual
Gems and Glitter

Hope you all have a lovely week... the sun is shining here but it's chilly!!

Big hugs

16 comments:

  1. Adorable Christine, this is such a cutie, and pink too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp is adorable I 've been resisting buying this set but I keep seeing it and its adorable so I think I need to move it up the wish list.!! This shape is fabulous and would love a tutorial so kind of you enjoy your week love and hugs Carole x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Christine! Yes please to the video tutorial offer! I want to make one too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, this is so pretty. I love those papers too. Unfortunately the ink in my colour printer has dried up and so I can't use any of my lovely digi papers (and I may have a fair few!!!). I need to get that sorted out, but never seem to get around to it. Love that little fairy too.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out Christine! Your card scores points over mine for being PINK! And it's so lovely with the sweet fairy in the aperture - can you believe I don't have these fairies in my collection?!

    I was planning to do a tutorial after I made my card the other week but it would only be a picture one so I'm sure people would love a video tutorial as it's such a cute and easy fancy fold to do.

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Christine, Gorgeous card and such a pretty image.
    I love tent cards, , as you say, a great way of having an aperture without the flop.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, this is a lovely card. Your colouring and gorgeous design are beautiful and I love your tent card. All just perfect...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely style Christine, great papers and I love the sweet image
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous creation Christine.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine, this is an adorable card. The image is so sweet and all the gems look fabulous. Such pretty papers and punched flowers.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable and so gorgeous Christine, love the design...would really appreciate a tutorial, would love to give one of these tent cards ago myself :)
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely delightful Christine. You have placed those gems so nealty around the image! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of those cards that makes you go 'awwwwww'... so cute! Sweet little fairy and I like the tent style. Great idea having the gems around the circle too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute, love the image and your tent card. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely beautiful! She is such a cute fairy and looks so perfect with your tent design. Love the frame of gems too!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine, I ran across your card while looking at Facebook...and yes, I would love a tutorial on how to make this fold. It's perfect for the gals at the office since the card won't fall over or need as much space to be 'open' as a regular card! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x