Thursday 14 November 2013

In The Pink.... (as always)... and this time it's a bit of stitching..


Hi Ladies

This is the first of three posts of mine today......  no wonder I've been quiet lately... squirrelling to get all these done as I knew they were all due for the same day!  Hope you don't get fed up hearing my waffle...

This first card is  for In The Pink......  our theme this time is 'Stitching - Faux or Real'...  and I'm afraid I'm not a very good stitcher at all!!  But I dug out my sewing machine and tried a very simple rectangle..  hope you like the result.... with the strategically placed snowflakes!


This cute little lady is from Whimsie Doodles and is called 'Ugg Leah' (OK... I can see the Ugg boots... but such an awful name for a lovely little lady when you put the two words together!)  

I coloured her with my trusty Copics (R81, 83, 85 and 89 - a combination I love),  then used my (favourite at the moment) Nestie rectangle die to cut the shape.  I did try to stitch in a straight line.. honest.... but I can see where I've wandered!  The snowflakes are from Marianne Createables.. and the sentiment is from a Paula Pascual set..  and of course, glitter and gems to complete.

Hope you'll pop over to In The Pink and join us Pink Ladies in our Stitching Challenge...  we'd love to see you there!

I'll be back a little later - see you then! 

Big Hugs 
Christine x

11 comments:

  1. Love this little image Christine and your colouring is amazing!! Well done on the stitching, looks straight to me hic!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delightful, and there's nothing wrong with your stitching :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image love how she pops out of the design with the border of stitching lovely take on the chall theme.

    smiles Christine the other one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous...I love the pink snowflakes and the sparkly scarf..hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, lovely layout. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie - so beautifully coloured.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, but last but not least for me, lol.
    Great little image and coloured brilliantly.Great shade of pink glitter.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous christine.adorable sweet image and i love your pretty design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty Christine, made a note of the Copics too , thanks...your colouring is way better than mine...must try harder !! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to see you have a go at the stitching and it looks great to me; such a nice way to frame an image I think.
    I am always admiring your polka dot paper and have just bought a big bundle of various colours :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's lovely Christine. And fab stitching too.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x