Thursday 28 November 2013

In The Pink again... (when isn't it pink time for me?? LOL!)



Hi Girls

I'm here again today with another pink card.... (yep.... you're surprised, aren't you??)...  This time it's for In The Pink... where are challenge this time is 


Now I got asked a couple of times by the DT whether this included using embossing powders.... the answer was a big yes...  we'd love to see any type of embossing...  using embossing folders, stencils.... or heat embossing... and with our DT being addicted at the moment to Frantage..  this was a perfect reason to use it! (I did hear a tale of one of our ladies nearly getting frantaged to her desk......  shhhhhhhh... no names)


I decided to use both types of embossing......  as you can see...  this little fairy's wings were Frantaged within an inch of their life! LOL


(I tried to show the white dots surrounding the image... but no success really)

Card Recipe:
Image:  A Day for Daisies - Fairy Wish (freebie a couple of months ago)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Marianne Creatables Edge Die
Nitwits/LOTV Always and Forever Paper
Button, Twine and glitter from Stash
Sentiment - Pebbles Rub On
Shabby Pink Frantage

I'm quite happy with the CAS (apart from the Frantage) way this turned out...  and it was nice to do an 'un-Christmas' card for a change! 

I've had a busy week up to now...  I have started doing some voluntary work for our local children's' hospice - Martin House in Boston Spa..  I'm hoping to help grow their lottery numbers...  £1000 prize every week and only 2500 people in the draw at the moment (such good odds!)...  £1 entry per week payable by Standing Order or 6 monthly cheque.... and it raises money for such a worthy cause..   so..... if any of you would like me to send you an entry form... just holler!  (OK that's the cheeky bit over with..) 

I also met up yesterday with my lovely friend Christine (Nanaseaside) - and finally got to meet her oh-so-cute little grand-daughter Mia... ooh and of course, Mia's mum - Alison.  Lovely to say hello again and to see Mia..

Don't forget to pop over to In The Pink and join in our challenge...  The Pink Ladies and I would be delighted to see you there!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Christine - love the sparkly wings. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my little pinkness what a pretty card you have come up with this time (well every time really)! I love embossing but hardly ever do it and that doesn't make sense!!!
    Well done on your charity work, good for the soul!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Christine! Those wings are incredibly beautiful! I really love this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Christine and the wings are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Christine, love her sparkly wings.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, how come when I use frantage it goes EVERYWHERE, but you've got it super neat on her wings... humph! Gorgeous card hun, so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh so pretty Christine and gorgeously pink too! hope you are well, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Christine, very sweet image but she looks a tad worried to me, maybe because she was afraid that your weren't going to colour her in pink lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Christine! Love the sweet image right down to the tips of her toes! All the shimmer adds such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous card Christine. Alas, I cannot join your lottery as I am in my local Treetops Hospice one :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh beautiful sparkly pink card Christine, I adore it of course ! Our DIL continues to have more problems & they are delivering the baby by cesarean early on the 13th now. The baby may need some extra care they say so we all so worried now.Praying for good news soon, hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could pull off soft cards like this. I absolutely love the effect on the wings. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Christine. I love the delicate shade of pink you have used. I had no idea there was a pink challenge - the ideal challenge for me. I will give it a try.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm late popping by to admire your pretty pink card! The Frantage on the wings is such a great way to use it - so gorgeous! I'm free of the desk now BTW after extensive cleaning ;-)
    The CAS design is lovely and it is nice to take a little break from Christmas cards at this time of year!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning christine.really pretty fairy image and her frantaged wings are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this pretty fairy great design & colouring fab take on the chall theme.

    smiles Christine the other one xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine, thanks for your comment regarding my "Embossing" entry for "In the Pink." Yes, I did stamp the image, the applied clear embossing powder, then used my heating tool. I revised my post and am entering the pink on in your challenge. Appreciate your comment. Karen
    http://haveascraphappyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card! I love the sparkling at the wings. ♥

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x