Tuesday 9 April 2013

Heavy Metal!


Hi Good Friends

I'm back today as it's a new challenge over at Anything Goes....  and this time the theme is 'Heavy Metal'... noooo, not the music...we just had to use metal on our DT cards!

I'm not wonderfully happy with mine as it was done in a bit of a rush... (why am I so disorganised??)..  but it does have metal on it...  so it'll have to do!

I love the image... it's from A Day For Daisies and is called Little Dancer Two - such a delight to colour and if I'd have had more time, I would have decoupaged the skirt.  All of the other items I've used have been sitting around my craft room for yonks...  the sequins and the little metal heart I've had for at least five years, the seam-binding probably the same...  and the metal filigree corner (Hobby House) I've had for a couple of years.... same with the textured bazzil (which I rubbed with my sanding block to distress).  Ooooh I did use a relatively new Nestie - it's called Stately Circles and I got that in early Feb.  Colouring is of course done with a mix of copics and promarkers..  and then there's the glamour dust....  well she's a ballerina... she has to have glamour.... yes??

Don't forget to pop over to the Anything Goes Challenge blog to check out the creations my fab teamies have come up with!

Hope your week is going well so far...  my lovely OH is off for a few days from tomorrow...  so we're hoping for a bit of sunshine so we can do some gardening, oh, and errrr possibly go out for the odd pub lunch or two!

Big hugs to all and Happy Crafting
Christine x
PS - if you're looking Mary.... there's no lipstick or pink cheeks on this one!  Do I at least chalk up one?? x

19 comments:

  1. Yep, I will let you have this one, Christine - no pink!! Although there is a bit of pink shimmer in the sequins....

    Love this - so pretty and I love the touch of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous Christine - I love the wee sequins and perfect sparkle to her dress. Fabulous corner too.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing I was sat down when I saw this. NO PINK. Hope your recovery is going well!! LOL
    She's lovely Christine, I love purple (almost as much as I love pink) so she's a sure winner.
    Love the way you've incorporated the metal heart with the ribbon too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, I love the layout and colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the colours here, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,this is so sweet, love the image and beautifully embellished.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty, love th way the ribbon threads though the heart
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and a lovely image, plenty of metal and lovely bling.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not happy with it?!! It's absolutely gorgeous!! I love the image and the way you've added the sequins.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely Christine whats not to be happy with ?? Love the heart xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! Such a pretty image and love the heart, fab card Christine :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful christine.i love your lilac colours and sparkle and really sweet image :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautifully made card Christine, I love how you've trimmed the edge of her dress, really pretty!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Christine! She is precious! I love her lavender dress and all the sequin detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Christine, loving the lilac too. Trying to resist looking at more DFD images, you cost me so much!!!!:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rushed or not this is gorgeous. How could you be unhappy with it? Then again purple is my favourite colour ;) Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi teamie! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself... it's gorgeous! I have to say, I have never seen anything ugly in here, so there you go ;)
    Love your card with the purple, the glitter and your new nestie is perfect for this little sweetie.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x