Thursday 29 November 2012

In The Pink and the theme is Christmas!





Morning Best Blogging Buddies

It's time for another challenge over at In The Pink... and this time the theme is Christmas!!!  This was great for me - as I haven't made many of my Christmas cards yet, it really got me in the mood!
I think I like my first card better than the second....  but I have to say that the second was more fun to make!!

Materials:
Paper:  Scenic Route Paper Co - Brighton Blizzard
Die for Trees:  Hero Arts Framelits Reindeer Set
Die for Oval:  Spellbinders Floral Ovals
Distress Ink - Spun Sugar (around oval and edging trees)
Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue in Pink - for dots on trees - liberally sprinkled with glitter
Ribbon from stash
Sentiment - PC generated then punched with Stampin Up Oval Punch


Now on this one, you have to use your imagination as the second layer is silver mirri board, not black which is what it looks like on the photo!!  And ooooh  playing with Frantage... it's my favourite pastime ... well one of them!!!  If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see it in all it's glory!  It glitters so much on my mantlepiece - I am going to have real difficulty sending it to anyone!


Materials:

Spellbinders Dies - Heirloom Ornaments
Thin Silver Ribbon - from Stash
Oval Punch - Stampin Up
Sentiment - Stampin Up set - owned this for years and used to use it a lot!
Conifer Stamp - Stampin Up set - again, been in my stash for years
Distress Ink used while die in place - Spun Sugar
Silver Mirri Card
Frantage.......  Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel and Silver Halo Mix Glitter

Hope you like my makes for In The Pink....  do pop over to the blog HERE to check out Sylvia's and Christine's (our GDT) too!

Bit chilly here today... think I may well cog up the heating and hibernate for a while!!

Big Hugs to all my blogging friends.. and happy crafting!
Christine x

20 comments:

  1. Hi Christine
    Two stunning pink cards, loving those Christmas trees on the first and all that glitter is right up my street on the second
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning Christine. You would love the first best because it's PINK LOL.
    I think you are right, it probably was your embossing I saw and for a change the memory stayed with me long enough for me to try it. Thank you for the 'how to' :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Christine both card's are gorgeous, I love the Christmas trees on the first one and the glitter and baubles on the second one are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the cards Christine but my fave would be the pink one too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous Pinky creations Christine - love the pink trees and the beautiful frame. Fab. Frantage on the bauble card too!
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both absoluteley gorgeous sweetie huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards Christine, love the designs and all the sparkle.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Christine.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh these ate fabulous .. ad that second one is so YOU!!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine 2 gorgeous Pink crimbo creations. I nearly did a trio of tress meself..lol my fav is the trees but like Lisa says the 2nd one is defo YOU..lol


    many thanks for asking me to be a GDT ..

    smiles Christine tother one..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Christine but I don't like these Christmas makes.... I love them, very different makes, the tree one is classy and love the die and the trees but the second one is so very glittery and at first I thought you had used acetate and was so envious but as it wasn't mentioned realised you hadn't but it looks as though you have, brilliant.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Xmas cards, I love all this glitter every where in the second one! Yet another stunning challenge for us!
    Friendly
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards agian Christine, loving the pink of course...darn probably too late to use my pink Xmas card I made now for the challenge.Loving that frantage too....I may NEED some lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMW!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely love both of them!! I have got to get some of that Frantage!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh they're both fabulous Christine! Love the pink trees, and the frantage looks so gorgeous and sparkly :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards Christine. Love the pink one and the glittery one - oh my word - it's beautiful. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous projects Christine! Love the trio of pink trees and all the sparkly goodness! I use Martha Stewart glitter :) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Christine, they are just fabulous!

    Really must get my finger out and get a pink Christmas card made, so far it's been WoW.

    Sarah

    PS - My storage units were my b'day present from hubby, they are Really Useful and from Viking. Afraid I don't know the price as he won't divulge that info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing, wonderful. I did not think that the holidays can be pink and yet ...

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x