Thursday 1 November 2012

I'm In The Pink...... again!! CLEAN AND SIMPLE


Morning Peeps

Well I can't quite believe how fast this year has gone.... here we are on Nov 1st... and yet another two weeks have gone by so it was time to get my pink head on again (like as if it's ever far away.... hehe)..  and get a couple more cards done for In The Pink!!
This time our theme is Clean and Simple!  Hmmmmmm..... and to think Sylvia and I chose these themes.... why didn't I think that I don't DO CAS with ease!!  My first card is using one of the images from LOTV Trio of Teddies (bought at Harrogate show)... coloured with Copics (with advice for the teddy colouring from Pops... thank you hon... though I actually had to make do as I didn't have all the colours she advised!)   I think the card is very self-explanatory....  I just used a circle nestie and a scalloped circle nestie to create a frame for the little ted (ain't he cute?).... then a little sentiment I bought in the US years and years ago... cut with a Stamping Up punch.  I've raised the front of the card to give a 3D effect onto a second layer.    Oooh and he does have glitter on his flowers, but very difficult to see!


Now onto my second card.......  well, you need to make up your own mind on this one...  I'm not at all sure that I like it (that's putting it mildly)... it seemed a good idea at the time....   BUT.... I have to say it did fit the simple bit..  So easy to use a Crafts Too jacquard embossing folder (I used a small one and put it through the cuttlebug from either end matching the pattern..)  Btw, I got this folder reduced at Harrogate - twas only £2!  I used some pretty organza ribbon from my stash for the bow, distressed the edges of the card then added some stickles... and finally a LOTV little sentiment tag edged with a deeper pink and some stickles too.  No one can say that there isn't enough pink space on this one.... can they??? LOL!!

We'd love to see more joining in the challenges at In The Pink....  don't know if the 'Buttons and Bows' put people off, but  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh we only had 36 entries... (Big thank-yous to those lovely ladies).  For the previous challenge we had well over a hundred - and that's what we like to see.......  Pinkies taking over the world!!!  My lovely OH saw what I was typing here and said I should put 'a plague of pinkies...' hmmmm, not sure that sounds nice....  but we could have a 'plethera of pinkness....'  yes?????????  Any other suggestions of descriptive words for pinkies??

Sooooooooo  don't forget this challenge is CLEAN AND SIMPLE....  pop over to the challenge blog HERE for more details... but mainly we want to see lots of pink space!!

Happy Crafting and Big hugs
Christine xxx

19 comments:

  1. Morning Christine, I love both cards equally, the first is so cute and the second is beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately pretty in pink,love the cards,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine - both cards are Clean, Simple, and Gorgeous! Love the classy jacquard embossing, and Teddy looking through the little window is totally adorable!
    Have a great day - Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christine love both of your card's the image on the first one is adorable. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both so pretty and cute, Christine! My fave is the teddy as I love cute images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful Christine. I love the elegance of the embossed one.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Christine! The little teddy would just melt your heart he's so adorable. I love the embossing and well done on getting a bargain! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Hunny 2 more samples of pink fabulousness!! I love the first one, teddy is soooooooo cute and brilliant design. The 2nd is understated gorgeousness.
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, Two gorgeous card, but although you're not sure - I love the embossed one! Very Stylish.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    For someone who doesn't do CAS, you have created two beauties!! Love the teddy one - bought these at Ally Pally and have only used one of them. Really must use them again as they are so cute.
    Thank you so much for inviting me to be your guest designer over at In The Pink. I have had such a fun time.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Christine these are stunning CAS creations..blimey where did those
    2 wks go too?lol.. I must get into me challs again see you soon..

    smiles tother Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine
    Fabulous card.... Thanks for the inspiration.......
    Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both equally gorgeous Christine, Teddy is adorable and a very classy looking card. The second is simply elegant. Well done you Mrs Pinkie, I find CAS hard too, but will playing along as always xxxxx
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. both so stunning christine.gorgeous cas designs and i love the sweet bear :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two really great cards, love the teddy one, simply stunning.
    Well what about the classic 'Pink Ladies' from Grease.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are beautiful, love the elegance of the second but my fave is the cute bear one.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine, they are both wonderful cards.

    The first is very cute and the second very elegant.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I sooooo want to join in Christine but I'm hardly getting any crafting time lately.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Christine, I love both cards equally, such love clean styles, I guess if I had to chose I do like the teddy.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x