Thursday 4 October 2012

In the Pink Time again.....


Hi Everyone

Another two weeks have flown by and it's time for the next challenge at In The Pink!  I'm so enjoying being part of this challenge blog..... we're having so many fabulous entries from such wonderful people... and it's nice to have been brought together by our love of pink!

The challenge this time is to use Pink Plus One - that is Pink with ONE other colour!


My first card today features PINK AND BLACK and is a very simple card... no colouring involved!  The damask paper is a digi download from Sassy Designs - it's called Pink-Black Damask and is from their Blushing Paper pack.  All I did was use a 5 x 7" card base... covered first with pink bazzill... then punched a border out with a Martha Stewart edge punch...  added a grosgrain black ribbon...  then made a black rosette flower from a Tim Holtz Die.  Lastly, I added a gem button that I got from The Hobby House.  A very simple card, but hopefully effective?

My second card uses PINK AND GREEN and my new Grand Calibur die cutting machine.......  this is the first time I've used it as I'm not rushing into buying dies yet..  They are so expensive that I need to get 'the right' ones!!  No doubt I may just see some I 'have to have' at the Harrogate show on Saturday!


So I've created an easel card using the large scalloped die....  this will fit a 6 x 6" envelope.  I used an image that I've had for a long time - it's a digi one from the Digi Stamp Boutique called Mothers Day Flowers - and yes I know it's not Mothers Day... but a woman always likes to receive flowers.. right?  So it could be for multiple occasions!

I chose some pink and green floral paper that's been in my stash for a long time...  then coloured the image with my Copics to match the paper.  I found some pink and green card in my stash..... which I used for the various different sized circles...  Then I decoupaged the flowers on the image and also added gems and some glitter.

Lastly, I added a little image that I've created myself!!  I thought the easel bit of the card needed something to stop it falling flat.....  so came up with this design, that I cut with a small circle die.  If you would like a copy to be able to print out and use yourself, please email me and I will send it to you.  You can always alter the colour from pink (if you MUST lol!), in a photo programme.

So pop over to In The Pink.... and take a look at the other inspiration - and also check up to see if you were chosen as a Perfect Pinkie!

I'll be back at the weekend to tell you all about our day at the Harrogate Papercraft Show - and to own up to what I bought!!  If you're going to be there on Saturday and you see me with Christine and Elaine... please say hello....  I'm told I look exactly like my profile pic...  not sure if that's a good or a bad thing!! hehe!

Big hugs and Happy Crafting
Christine x

33 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, I wouldn't like to choose a favourite because they are so different :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards Christine, great as always, lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your cards Christine. The black and pink is so classy and I adore the pretty pink and green one.
    Glad to see you finally took the plunge and bought a GC!!! Like you, I don't have many dies due to the cost.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous cards ,so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, two gorgeous cards. Love the elegance of the first and the sweetness of the second.

    Have fun at Harrogate, seems like ages now since I last went.

    Off to visit the Pinkie Palace!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful Christine but I would have to say the pink and black one is stunning - so elegant - I love it.
    Have a fab day at the craft show - we're all going on Sunday.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous hun...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really lovely cards Christine, the first one does look very classy and I love the pink and green combo on the second.
    Enjoy Harrogate.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. both so gorgeous christine.stunning design and i really love your top card, its fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh love these both Christine. I especially love the first one. It's really elegant.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both your gorgeous cards Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Two fantastic cards yet again Christine! One day I WILL get a chance to enter your challenge!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both really gorgeous Christine.Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Christine! Love all the dimension and the elegant fan fold embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both gorgeous Christine! I gotta use more pink - I try but other colours just keep creeping in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Christine, two fabulous cards here, I adore anything Damask so the first one is gorgeous. The second one is amazing with those pretty flowers too. The font I used was called 'BickhamScriptFancy2' btw., I love it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards Christine. Love them both!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey sweetie, these are both so gorgeously designed, I love your creations, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Christine

    Both cards are just brilliant - could definitely not pick a favourite - they are awesome.

    Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some lovely comments.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Take care

    Ta ta for now.

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're both lovely Christine! The first one is super stylish and the second is really pretty - love this image and the pink & green :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two fabulous cards Christine.
    The black and pink one is very striking and effective.
    The circular card is also very classy and stylish and I love the image..flowers are perfect for so many occasions, not just Mothers Day.

    I am so miserable that I couldn't get to harrogate this weekend...it's the first one I've missed since I started going 7 or 8 years ago...but I look forward to seeing your photos :)

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous designs Christine - I do love the pink and black - so classy :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Christine 2 stunning PINK creations & would you believe both are my fav colours that I like with Pink..other is Brown..the black/pink is so striking very stylish..the sweet flower creation is a multiple occasion creation..lovely cards see if I can rustle a card up for the chall. Yes I have totted up my spends & went home with nearly as much as I spent..lol

    smiles tother Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me again, just to add....yes I just googled 'paper bow's and got a free template. I cut one from card so I can reuse it too, shame you bought the die......I should have left a link really but was dashing to babysit at the time.Now I am buying pen storage lol......looks fab, on sale too, will leave details on blog soon! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two beautiful cards Christine. I wish I lived further north so I could go to the show. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Christine, Loving the cards, they are both gorgeous, the black/Pink one is Stunning, and the other so sweet. Two wonderfully different cards.
    So good to see you again on Saturday, wish we had found you to have lunch with :(
    Huge hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Forgot to say...sorry if I don't get to comment on many entries this week, My internet is on the blink...need to phone NTL about Modem.
    Hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi hun - long time - sorry - looked out for you at Harrogate show spending all yr money...thought I did not want anything still managed to spend £100...oh well...good job it is not every week....fab cards there
    Speak soon
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both of these cards Christine they are stunning. The first one is so elegant and I love that rosette and I love the dimension on the beautiful flowers on the second card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pink and Black is just fabulous! It gives a very sophisticated look, and i love your inside decorative swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a Wonderful card dear Christine:)
    Love the papers and colors combo:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see and have a moment, please say hello.. it means a lot to me..
Christine x